Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ah Canada!

I am 'on leave' to Canada as of Monday the 2nd of July... for 3 weeks! I am not sure I will have the ability to post while away although I will try.

Before leaving you, I thought I'd list out the junk that I've missed while away and will be eating whilst in the land of the maple leaf.

- Cheerios - PLAIN ones please, not multi-grain and definitely NOT honey nut
- Old Dutch Ketchup Chips, my love of which was the subject of this post
- McCain's Deep and Delicious chocolate cake.... ar ar ar ar arrrrrrrrrrr
- Oh Henry Bars.... they have the OH in the name for a reason
- Homemade rice crispy treats - why on earthy do they not sell rice crispies in France??
- Plain animal crackers - since the demise of the McDonald cookies, these have become a favorite plain cookie - all the ones sold in France are covered in chocolate
- Coffee Crisp - wafery, coffee, chocolatey goodness
- Tim Horton's iced cappuccino chili and - a favorite on road trips

In case you think its only me, check out this article...while I don't agree with all of it, namely the Nanaimo bars (too sweet), the rest is quite spot on.

So hopefully I'll post while away, if I can tear myself away from the junk food long enough to tell you all about the yumminess I'm injesting straight into my belly!

Happy Happy Summer Holidays!

6 comments:

Monique said...

Where in Canada are you heading? I could certainly provide you with some good old rice crispy treats! hehe Enjoy your stay here!

Sui Mai said...

Hi Monique!

Where to begin..? I start in Vancouver, then move onto Calgary, then Montreal before, finally, Toronto. How's that for a world wind tour?

Making rice crispy treats as we "speak"...

Anonymous said...

I always indulge in two-bite brownies when I'm in Vancouver! And Slurpees!

:) Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

And cheesies! How can I forget cheesies! Nowhere to be found in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sui Mai,

I saw your link from Jaden's blog. Your blog's name caught my eye because the name Siu Mai is on my latest article.

Anonymous said...

I loved your Canada odyssey. I know the orange! Awesome...