Friday, January 27, 2006

I scream, You scream

After paying taxes and much overdue bills, I was, in one word, broke.

Subsequently, depressed. And feeling sorry for myself.

So, the boy decided to cheer me up by buying me ice cream.

YAY! If anything can cheer me up, it's food.

So, declining his offers of Italian gelato, the classy Haagen Daaz and the always droolworthy Extasy (the drug pales in comparison....PALES!), I decide the only way to make me feel better was the fat gooey stuff, so off to Ben and Jerry's we go.

Now, I'm going to go off on a tangent here but I lurve Ben and Jerry's. They remind me of days in Montreal and of course, my brother. He worked at the Ben and Jerry's one summer (as I never cease to repeat to the boy everytime we pass by). Free ice cream cones after breakfast, pints in my freezer, it was awful! How, you say? You try gaining five pounds during bikini season. And before you say it, NO. I couldn't just NOT eat it. Hello, free Ben and Jerry's????

Anyhow, when we got there, the boy said I could have whatever I wanted.... hehehe.

Cue greedy rubbing of hands.

"I'll have a mixed pint of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cooke and Chocolate Fudge Brownie, please"

The boy looked a bit aprehensive but I gave him a reassuring smile.

Ran home and opened the carton. It tastes better out of the carton than the bowl, I told hime so I gave him a bowl while I kept the carton.

Cue one hour later.

Sugar high and a tummy ache, i.e. loud "OW-y" noises and hyper conversation

Cue boyfriend vowing never again to buy me ice cream and definitely NOT letting me eat out of the carton again, mumbling something about self control.

Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight??

No comments: