Wednesday, August 09, 2006

coffeeanddonutcoffeeanddonut

I spent an otherwise productive morning at work with this running through my head:

doughnutandcoffeedoughnutandcoffeedoughnutandcoffee. This is what has been scientifically classified as a craving.

So around noon time I give in and head out for a doughnut and coffee.

Today there are a few employees standing in front of the store handing out flyers and waving around noise makers. Noise makers are those inflatable tubes that you can tap together to show your enthusiasm during a concert or annoy people on the street.

I walk into the store, which is still fairly full today, and up to the counter where I am simply handed a fresh double glazed doughnut. Three cheers for corporate policy!


My first instinct is to go to the gourmet shop nearby to get my coffee, but freebie scoring guilt kicks in. And the small coffees here are not small. They are between a small and medium coffee at Starbucks. The house coffee does the job, nothing to blog home about.

There are still exec types hanging around the store today, probably talking charts and graphs rather than doughnuts and fillings. And a food stylist (I think that's what they call themselves) was arranging boxes of doughnuts in attractive combinations and taking pictures.


The staff are still in that overly enthusiastic mode, barely able to count change from excitement. And there are so many of them packed behind that counter, it almost seems as if they outnumber the customers.

As was my experience yesterday, one doughnut is never enough. Perhaps if I bring different outfits to work, I can score multiple free doughnuts every day. Just a thought.

Your friendly neighborhood Krispy Kreme Korrespondent...

No comments: