Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Die with a T

I’ve been in a bit of a fashion rut lately (bear with me, this does have to do with food) and since I’ve had to clear out a bit of space for the ‘rents, I decided to go whole hog and take a good, close look at my clothes. I decided to try everything on, especially those items which has been languishing in my closet for a while.

Big mistake.

Since Sui Mai’s inception, I have gained 5, maybe 10 pounds?

I had to rid myself of 3 shirts whose buttons threatened to knock someone’s eye out. And my never worn, ‘sexy’ sheer strapless top? Let’s just say a bandaged pig probably looked sexier.

These are the perils of ignoring the horoscope predicting my impending sausage like state.

Thus I decided to go on a diet and track my eating using Fitday.

First I calculated the amount of cals I should have in order to lose weight at freedieting.com.

Maintenance: 1454 Cals/day
Fat loss: 1163 Cals/day

Sounds doable… right? Here’s how I started out.



Ok, right? Feeling pretty groovy about myself at this point.

Then I had lunch. I brought it to work myself. Rice with leftover beef brisket curry.



A freaking total of 741 Cals!!! You have got to be joking! 1.5 cups of RICE is 308 cals??? 1 cup of curry at 433 cals?

You have got to be kidding me. This means I have 128 cal left for dinner! No way am I ever going to be able to achieve this!

Screw this. I’m going to a Mongolian buffet with buffetbuffs tonight.

Diet can start another day…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally hear ya. fitday was a rude awakening... but according to their figures, you're better off scoffing 3 yeast doughnuts (with sugar glazing) than your beef brisket rice. Krispy kreme rulez ;)