Friday, September 16, 2005

Dreaming of lobster nachos ...


My friend convinced me yesterday to ditch my yoga class and vegetable dinner to join her for a bout of shopping, dinner and girl talk.

I was strong, people! I resisted....for about 5 minutes.

It was the nachos that got me. For days now I had been dreaming about the lobster nacho's at Jaspa's. Huge plate of stacked tortilla chips with melted cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole and with divine pieces of lobster scattered throughout. I'm still drooling at the thought!

But first, business. Off I trotted to use my friend's discount card to buy desperately needed shoes (guess what I have on my feet today?). Spent about an hour dithering about which ones would be best and ended up with 2 pairs of shoes...in black of course!

Ok, then a quick taxi ride to Jaspa's where we had the dubious table of honor at the front... open area....with a "view". Actually, it was just Staunton street so all we got a view of was other people looking at our food (the nachos are MINE, MINE I say!) and cars. Yipee! But that was a minor concern. Scarcely had my butt touched the chair that I rallied up one of the boys to order up some nachos. Followed up by a cheese plate. Did I mention that I adore my friend? What a fantastic dinner!

However, when I looked down at my belly this morning, I felt slightly bad...until I remembered the lobster nachos. They are worth it.

No comments: