Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tofu Boobs

Ate at ‘En’, the extremely authentic Japanese, or more accurately, Okinawan restaurant in town on Saturday night.

Yes, I have refined friends….

well maybe not so much refined but definitely fun, which is far, far more important!


In any case, it was a friend’s birthday and we decided on a jumble of dishes. Most of which I can’t remember but definitely one of the most yummy and most amusing to us were these tofu boobs.



Unfortunately they arrived together with a strategic placement of leaf with a pointed dollop of ginger and prompted comments which ran the gamut of implants to the firmness factor.

No matter, I was happy with my peanut tofu, which was incredibly fragrant in the mouth, completely smooth and silky and rich. Much to my delight, due to the fits of giggle ensuing from the tofu boobs, I consumed the larger portion of one bobb all by myself.

Address:

En Japanese Dining Bar
2/F., Plaza 2000, 2 Russell Street,
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
TEL: 2834-3255
I went to this one in Causeway Bay (across from the Times Square cinema on the corner)


Kusu-ya En
1/F., Golden Dragon Center,
38-40 Cameron Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
TEL: 3428-2500

Japanese Okinawa Cuisine Chura
Unit A, B/1, The Toy House,
100 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
TEL: 3105-8950

Yakiniku Wa-En
5/F., The Toy House,
100 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
TEL: 3428-3345

Shabu-Shabu Zen
6/F, The Toy House,
100 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
TEL: 3428-3615

No comments: